Saturday 22 June 2013

I've joined the gym

Yep, you read that title right. I've decided that carrying around extra luggage isn't for me and have taken the initiative to join the gym. This is why blogs have been few and far between recently, life is too hectic to juggle gyming and blogging I'm afraid. Well it isn't too hectic, I'm just a lazy bugger who only wants to do one or the other, not both. Which is ironic when you think, one of them actually involves physical exercise. But apparently you don't get a body like Ryan Gosling just by eating takeaways all the time! #NotIdeal


Anyway time for a life update as I've been neglecting you lot for a while now and have been under increased pressure to do another blog.   

Firstly, as said, I have joined the gym in an effort to get fit. 6 months after the event and I finally feel like I'm finally shifting that Christmas weight (Everyone works at their own pace) and I'm finding bones and muscle that, to be honest, I didn't think I had. 
    Apart from physical activity, the gym is a place thriving with, to coin a phrase, bellends. People go to the gym in full body armour Lycra, thinking they look good when actually they look like they've been vacuum packed before entry. Surely, the looser the better if you're working out properly? Obviously not. Another thing I've noticed is the amount of people that wear hats to the gym. Why on earth would you wear a hat to the gym, you look like an idiot, not to mention the fact that the gym is pretty dark anyway. And then there's the 'lifters'. My mates genuinely 'lift' and I know this because I've genuinely watched them 'lift', but 90% of people there, just admire themselves in the mirrors. Yes, you all love yourselves but surely just buying a mirror at home is cheaper than a gym membership. And for my final thought on the gym, why would you go to a gym to walk on a treadmill for an hour? This for me is a low point. Treadmills are for running really, not walking unless you're walking after you've ran, but that's all context dependant. Either way, its annoying. 
   
So what else is new? I've been toying with the idea of getting a MacBook Air for about a month now and literally cant bring myself to do it. I feel to safe on windows, it's what I've used since forever. But maybe one day I'll take the plunge....maybe. 

THE START OF MY PLACEMENT IS GETTING CLOSE! 
Yes, come a week Monday I will be a full time employee for a whole year. Although I'm really excited, I'm also dead nervous. Once I'm in a job I love it, but starting is easily the worst part. Not knowing anyone or anything. But either way, it will be good. And I get to don some pretty smart clothes and pretend I'm more important than I actually am. Exciting!

And finally, Its the formula one next weekend and I'm really excited. I've only ever been once before and it was amazing! This time though, there is no trek to London the night before for tickets and there wont be a 4am start, so life will be easier. 

Anyway, I'm actually trying to watch storage hunters right now. They just bought a Lamborghini Countach for $27,000 only to find the engine has been replaced with a smaller normal engine. Brendon and Lawrie are having an absolute mare. And, if you've seen this program before, you will understand how pumped everyone is getting. People start getting abit chopsy.

That's all for now peeps, there's just been an explosion at the auction. It's all kicking off.

x

No comments: