Sunday 19 May 2013

Beckham, a 'cut' above the rest

Time to gaze at my man crush. I think I speak for every living man in saying that I would love to be Beckham, he personifies perfection. The 38 year old, announced his retirement from football on Thursday, 16th May. This is big news to any sports follower, let alone a massive football fan like me, not to mention the fact I also sport his boxers on a regular basis. His boxers, alot like his career, are a perfect fit and oh so smooth, fitting round the waist like a beaut of a freekick from the man himself (This is starting to sound too seductive but I love him that much). Who'd have thought a pair of boxers could compare to this global superstar. Yes, a superstar, not just a footballer. As far as football goes, Beckham is fairly average compared to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, but he's turned himself into more than a footballer, he's a worldwide brand. Yeah, he could ping a ball 50 yards to another players foot or swing in a worldie of a freekick against Greece (And it was a screamer), but nowadays footballers need to be more than that, maybe partly fuelling his retirement. Although hats off to Becks for playing football in America, at a considerably lower standard, then moving to PSG and competing in champions league football. If you don't follow football then let me tell you, that's ridiculously outstanding!



He bucks the trend for a modern footballer as well. He has a wife, kids and a clean reputation. And clean reputation is not something you associate with footballers. Many are renowned for investing in hookers and even preying on team mates wives, although I shall not name names Rooney, Terry, Giggs. He helped bring the Olympics to the UK, but was then shunned for the Olympic football team, by Stuart Pearce thinking he's the boy. Beckham, who can play in Europe's top competitions, was seen as not being good enough to play for Team GB. What a load of crap, if I was him I would of been fuming. I mean he might of gone home that night and beat the living daylight into Victoria, but as far we know he took it with great dignity, credit to him. And just when you think he can't get any more perfect, he announces he's donating his PSG wage to charity. A footballer giving serious money away is literally unheard of.

Anyway, what better way to tribute the legend himself than a collection of his hairstyles over the years. He became almost as famous for his hair as he did for his dead ball tekkers.
Beckham as a young nipper, maybe he puts his glasses on after he does his hair...
Ok we've managed to ditch the glasses here, global super-stardom is getting closer
If in doubt, shave it off. If Becks had instagrammed' this photo, the amount of cool hastags he could put on it would be phenomenal. 
The famous mohican haircut. Looking smooth. 
The Barnet starts getting longer, maybe he's aware his hair needs more flair to fit in at Madrid.
Not a fan of this one, if you ignore the football kit, he looks like he could be casting for Lord of the Rings... Which is never a good look.
If ever there was a photo and hairstyle that personifies success, I think this would be it. (Just enjoy it for a couple of minutes)
Unfortunately, although blessed with good looks and an unbelievably diverse skill-set, Beckham is still known for being a bit of an idiot. He definitely plays up to the reputation of dumb footballer at times. Here are some golden 'ball' quotes. Some require some though as to why they are silly!
"My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7"
"I remember so clearly us going into hospital so Victoria could have Brooklyn. I was eating a Lion bar at the time"
 "Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had"
And my favourite one of all:
"We're definitely going to get Brooklyn christened, but we don't know into which religion"

Everyone loves Beckham, whether you like football or not and if you hadn't guessed by now, I certainly love him. I'm sure he'll thrive even more away from the pitch now, as he did on it. And I look forward to some more undies soon...






No comments: