Wednesday 22 May 2013

Over the bridge and far away

Its official. I've spent my first full 24 hours away from the blogging scene and it was emotional. I haven't felt a withdrawal symptom like that, since my Fifa 13 disk broke in a horrific Xbox accident (It makes me shiver just thinking about it). But fear not, the Chambré has returned and I'm reporting from international territory. Well not quite international but a place that charges £6.20 to get into the damn country and yet they still 'claim' to be part of the United Kingdom. What a joke. I pay road tax so therefore the bridge should be free, fact! There's a toll bridge near where I live that charges 5p to use it, thats more acceptable (although maybe its got something to do with the exchange rates between Wales and England). If you hadn't guessed I'm in Cardiff, visiting the GF at university. Cardiff is now commonly known as my university by my mates, because I spend so much time coming here. They are hilarious as you can imagine. #Not.  

My arrival provided Harriet with a break from all the revising and stuff she's been doing after completing her first exam. I arrived at about 1pm and was informed that our first port of call would be Jack Wills as her jeans were un-threading. Nice quick trip I thought it would be. I was wrong. Jack Wills have a return policy that mimics the common sense of Boris Johnson. They get you to send back the item yourself and wait for their head office to decide if the item is faulty or not, apparently because the staff that they train up to fold clothes all day, can't be trusted. (If you ever go into a Jack Wills and don't see staff endlessly folding clothes, please let me know). Anyway they came to their senses and let Harriet choose more jeans. Problem. There where no jeans she wanted and not a straight swap available. So they let her exchange it against anything she wanted. This took the best part of 45 mins of which, in that time I was mocked for wearing a Jack Wills Gilet by there staff! Not Fun or cool! I felt like a walking mannequin. 

Another thing I feel the need to mention is the new Fast and Furious film. I am a fan of this movie franchise but this one just did not cut the mustard. There's dramatic excitement and then there's just a pathetic amount of unrealistic excitement. This film fit into that category. Without giving away any movie spoilers, the film features the worlds least realistic jump and the worlds longest runway (You'll know what I mean when you see it). Also the film was very predictable. In the same way you could predict that 9am will occur tomorrow morning or that the 6 oclock news will be at 6. There was more tension in my belt from all the food I was eating rather than the film itself.  

Oh and probably worth noting we had a Nandos. I think I've mentioned this in most of my posts, but this time I was thrown into the pressure cooker at the till. I made a rookie, schoolboy error. One I wish to never relive. I ordered carbs on carbs which equal chips and rice as my sides. Absolute nightmare. Bloated was an understatement and I'm still paying for it now (TMI). Although it was still soooooooooooo tasty. The rap below pretty much sums up me love for the chickeny goodness.... (Excuse the 'spicy' language).

That is my stay in Cardiff summed up quite nicely. Today we chilled out by the park in the sunshineeeeeeeeeeee. You've gotta make the most of it while it's here you know!
If you can't get to Bucks', Bucks will come to you
Sometimes marketers are victims of marketing too (Ooooooops)
....Diet Coke because this figure doesn't mould itself 

My journey home awaits. Time to jam to some tunes and don' those all important driving shades.

x

No comments: